Jokes for Teachers Contest
Judged by Bonnie McFarlane
Teachers have the most difficult, important, and absurd job on Earth.Why aren’t there more jokes about that work? Help us find the funny in teaching.
If you’ve ever known a teacher, you’re eligible. If you’re a working comic, even better.
First prize is $1000. Runners up get $100.
Winning jokes will be featured wherever we can place them.
The great Bonnie McFarlane will be the judge. Nowadays, she’s everywhere, but Bonnie made her national breakthrough on NBC’s Last Comic Standing and has performed many times on The Late Show and The Tonight Show and in specials on HBO and Comedy Central.
• Everyone is welcome to submit. You don’t have to be a teacher.
• You do have to be 18 or older.
• Jokes must center on a K-12 teacher.
• Only video submissions under 60 seconds.
• Only one submission per person.
• Entries must be original and never-before-published.
• Sentimentality is discouraged and education jargon is forbidden, unless it’s funny.
• Roast jokes okay, just not too mean.
The deadline is May 22. Winners will be announced by mid-June.